Electrical Engineer / Electrical Engineering Technician
HORIBA MIRA Certification and Homologation ensures its customers' products are fit for purpose before going on sale in international markets. We are experienced in a wide range of homologation services for both automotive and non-automotive products and can provide certification of vehicles and their systems as Technical Services of the UK VCA, Dutch RDW and Irish NSAI Type Approval Authorities.
Our services include diverse certification capability, a wide range of homologation activities and in-depth legislation consultancy,
We are looking for our next Certification Engineer/Certification Engineering Technician to join our team and undertake type approval testing and approvals for predominately electrical subject areas (e.g. UNECE R10 and R100) together with assessments for Radio Equipment Directive (RED) and Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive.
The role will also be involved with other homologation services for internal and external customers including assisting in the overall Certification Function.
Key functions of the role are as follows:
- Electric vehicle, system and component assessments
- Certification activities in relation to Electrical subjects
- Notified Body Assessments for Radio Equipment Directive and Electro-Magnetic Compatibility Directive.
- Assist Senior Engineer in projects relating to product homologation in, but not limited to the following fields:
- Passenger Vehicles
- Trucks, Buses and Trailers
- Motor Cycles
- Agricultural Tractors
- Earth moving and Construction Machinery
- Writing proposals
- Project Management of Homologation/Certification tests around site
- Preparation of Technical Documentation
- Liaison with Regulatory Authorities, particularly VCA, RDW and NSAI
- Support with technical reviews of documentation and cross functional team work
- Project administration
- Extensive knowledge and experience of electric vehicle systems and components including High Voltage systems.
- Customer interfacing experience
- At least 3 years’ experience directly relevant to this role.
- Knowledge of Type Approval principals
- Knowledge of CE marking requirements for EMC and RED Directives.
- Practical experience of High Voltage system certification.
- Practical experience of EMC testing
- Working with or exposure with overseas customers
- Practical & theoretical understanding Electrical & Electronic principals.
- Ability to work autonomously and to convert knowledge gained in one field to other similar fields.
- Ability to manage multiple commitments in an effective manner and prioritise where necessary.
- Confident person, able to work well in challenging situations.
- To fulfil the role as an Engineer: Degree (minimum 2:2) in Electrical Engineering
- To fulfil the role as an Engineering Technician: HNC/HND or equivalent
- Individual membership of an appropriate engineering institution
- Core working hours between 8.00am – 4.15pm but flexibility required based on business needs.
- Role will require occasional UK & foreign travel.
- The candidate must display an attitude of flexibility and ability to adapt knowledge gained swiftly to similar disciplines. They must also be able to demonstrate an ability to understand and interpret legislation effectively as this will be a major customer deliverable. They will be required to create detailed reports containing test outcomes through to updates on legislative requirements.
- Fluent in English.
At HORBA MIRA we have a wide range of benefits including:-
- 27 days holiday + statutory days (with the option to participate in a holiday buy/sell scheme)
- A generous contributory pension plan
- A company performance related bonus scheme
- A fantastic Employee Assistance Programme which offers a range of wellbeing services to staff.
- Reimbursement of fees for corporate memberships for relevant Chartered/professional institution
- A range of tax efficient salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme.
The successful candidate must be able to work in the UK without restrictions and meet UK government security vetting criteria.
Right to work: - HORIBA MIRA actively promotes diversity and inclusion across our organisation, however this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the current Home Office Shortage Occupation list. As a result, HORIBA MIRA is unable to support an application for visa sponsorship. All applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work for an indefinite period in the UK.
For further information on the role and to apply, please click here.